GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) has been in place since 2016 in all EU Member States and came into effect in May 2018. In practice, this new regulation hardens and expands data privacy rules, penalizing in the event of non-compliance. Fines in case of data breaches can reach up to 20 million euros, or 4% of the organization’s annual revenue. With the effective entry of the GDPR, a series of new challenges will be introduced for the IT department in every company that deals with information of citizens of the member states, even if outside the European Union. These challenges include:
- Protection of personal data of European citizens;
- Adequate management of access permissions to sensitive information;
- Environmental monitoring and reporting of any data breach within 72 hours after its occurrence.
How can we help your business?
The purpose of senhasegura is to support the security team on implementing the changes introduced by GDPR. Administrators, through the solution, can define and enforce access and privacy policies for privileged users throughout the environment, and thus comply with the new regulation.
The architecture of senhasegura, with no need for agent installation, allows fast deployment by the IT department and easy usage by users. senhasegura becomes the infrastructure access proxy, allowing administrators to know exactly the systems accessed and the level of privilege users have. In addition, all recorded sessions can be recorded for audit and incident analysis purposes.
Some of the GDPR requirements are:
- Grant privileges to users only in the authorized environment;
- Prevent, detect and correct safety issues in the environment;
- Create tamper-proof audit trails for privileged operations.
Request a demonstration now and find out in practice the benefits of senhasegura for your company: