Guidance from adherence analysis to software activation.
Deploying an access management solution is no simple task. Because the solution changes the way critical resources are accessed, it is more than natural to face resistance and fear of unavailability among users. That is why we have developed a deployment roadmap to ensure greater user engagement and security in the process.
The process can be carried out securely by our team of partners and certified resellers. The entire deployment is divided into the following steps:
Introduction of teams, project scope and deployment phases, and definition of focal points.
Based on the company’s need and the mission of the project, the best approach is designed for installation, configuration and go-live process.
In addition to strategies, architecture issues, operational installation plan and requirements are defined.
Physical Appliance Installation
For clients who opt for physical appliance solutions, the installation activities include:
- Removing equipment from boxes
- Physical installation on racks
- Connecting the network and power cables
- Organizing wiring
- Configuring Management IPs
- Connectivity Tests
- Power source redundancy tests
- Preliminary high availability tests
Virtual Appliance Installation
This consists of installing Virtual Appliances in the client’s virtualization system or on physical appliances, starting the following activities:
- Updated virtual machine upload;
- Basic network configurations;
- License Activation;
This consists of configuring the application itself:
- Registration of administrator users;
- Integrating authentication with Active Directory, LDAP, Radius, Tacacs and Certificates;
- Integration with email for notifications;
- Integration with SYSLOG;
- Configuring backup environment;
- Configuring critical information backup;
- Integration testing;
- Access testing for managed devices;
- Testing managed device password change.
- User registration;
- User profiles;
- Registration of managed assets;
- Creation of user access policies;
- Password policies;
- Policy integration with Active Directory.
Training and Qualification
Once the environment is configured, users and administrators will be prepared through official senhasegura training sessions.
After the completion of an environment configuration, a thorough testing process is started to ensure that all configurations and integrations are in place.
The following tests are performed in this phase:
- Physical Appliances;
- Application failure;
- Password change;
- Integration with managed devices;
- Backup Restore;
- High Availability;
- Disaster Recovery.
Once certified, the environment goes live in production and is ready for rolling out.
After environment certification and activation, the process begings by including devices, credentials and users in the system.
At well-defined stages, server groups and their credentials are inserted into the tool. From there on, users lose access to generic credentials and can only access from within the vault.
This process repeats many times, as planned, until all credentials, devices and users can successfully access through the system, and then the company is secured.
After go-live, it is common that questions arise. In this case, senhasegura offers, straight from the vendor, or through its certified partners, the option of assisted operation during any period of time.
This eliminates initial questions and the client can operate with more assurance and comfort.